There is nothing wrong with ordinary...

Lately I've been feeling very unfulfilled with my life...like I'm stuck in the same routine of just getting up, working, cleaning my house, doing the cooking, cleaning...and being a wife, a mom and an employee...I felt depressed and so ordinary...

When we are young we have all these hopes and dreams and we think our lives are going to have some sort of major impact on the world. We think we are going to make a change or leave this amazing legacy to our children. And one day you wake up and you are 41 years old working a normal job and living an ordinary life and you feel disillusioned. You think where did it all go wrong, why did I not fulfil my dreams or my "purpose"... I was thinking all these things the past few weeks and then I decided to get down on my knees and pray and speak to God.

What I discovered was nothing went wrong in my life, there is nothing wrong with ordinary...I am exactly where I am supposed to be and my life is good. The world we are living in today want us to feel like we should always be chasing more, chasing the next best thing or accomplishing something great. We have all these self-help gurus and motivational speakers pumping up our egos making us think we are special and that we are supposed to be doing something incredible with our lives. What I came to realize is getting up every morning and being a wife, a mom and employee is incredible. I don't have to chase something exciting, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being content with ones life and why should society make us think it's not good enough. I am blessed with a wonderful husband who loves me, a decent job, wonderful kids and great friends and family. I have clothes on my back and food on my table every day, I have running water, electricity and I have my health...and most of all I have Jesus. I am blessed and I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I've learned to focus on my blessings...and my purpose in life is to share the Gospel with those I come in to contact with on a daily basis. I am grateful for where I am and what I have accomplished thus far in my life by the grace of God. 

And yes I have hopes and dreams and things I still want to achieve but I've also learned to be at peace, to be thankful and to trust God's timing in everything.

Life is good and God is good.

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:11-13 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is up with this "Hustle Culture" and Materialism glorification?

Not another middle-aged mom blogger!

Choosing appreciation and celebration over envy and comparison...