Going nowhere slowly...not...

This morning I was thinking about my life and felt like I was going nowhere slowly, I felt like I have not achieved much in my 41 years on earth so far. 


I don't have an exciting high-flying career and I didn't climb the proverbial corporate ladder. I don't have fame or fortune and I did not discover something world-changing or create a multi-million dollar empire like Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Oprah or Bill Gates. I started looking back at my life and I realized it might not seem like much on paper but I've lived a blessed life so far and I have a lot to be grateful for. I don't have a degree but I achieved a National Diploma in Office Management and Technology, Senior Paralegal Diploma, National Certificate in Fitness (Personal Trainer), Indoor Cycling Certificate and most recently Higher Certificate in Information Technology. I gave birth to my amazing twin boys, I married the love of my life, I got to travel overseas at least once so far, I bungee jumped, I skydived.

I also repented of my sins and surrendered my life to Jesus which was life changing. What I realized this morning is earthly success is great don't get me wrong, but it only lasts for so long. We are all going to end up in coffins and urns one day, life on earth is fleeting, eternity is forever... What I achieve on this earth does not mean much, where I'm going after I close my eyes one day is what matters. Sharing the gospel and leading people to Chris is what matters. Even if I did achieve fame and fortune on earth is that going to matter on judgement day? No...

The Bible says in Mark 8:36 "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"

The world and even the mega-churches and celebrity pastors are so focused on earthly success and money but that is not important to God. Our focus should not be on ourselves it should be on others and on Jesus. We are to live humble lives pursuing holiness, helping the poor, needy, widows, orphans and living a life that is honoring to God, leading people to Him and fulfilling the Great Commission.

I reminded myself that I should stop being distracted by the things of the world and what's important to the world and focus on living for Christ. I also learned that I should be grateful for my life and the wonderful things I've achieved no matter how small they may be. Success on earth means nothing if you don't have Jesus...

So I'm not going nowhere slowly...I'm going to Heaven...and that is something to look forward to. :-)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is up with this "Hustle Culture" and Materialism glorification?

Not another middle-aged mom blogger!

Choosing appreciation and celebration over envy and comparison...